ETAO Podcast, Episode 38.
Josie Brechner (a.k.a. Visager) talks about her OST work in EXTREME MEATPUNKS FOREVER, Blossom Tales, Spice of Life, Gay Monster Kiss Club, and my electric heart, not to mention her other music, including the Songs for Unmade Worlds series. She makes wonderful music, for games both real and imagined (as well for for things that are not games, and for its own sake).
We talk about how subtlety is for fuckers. We talk about why trans folks tend to be interested in body horror. We talk about punching Nazis (and more broadly, excluding them), but also about the positive flip-side of that, namely building a community.
And of course, we talk about punk.
• Here’s the MEATPUNK MANIFESTO.
• And here’s the best article (half-)about the whole Taylor Swift thing.
• Robert Yang’s work rules.
• As does rook’s work.
• Game Workers Unite! is doing important work all around.
• Helixsnake’s Skate 3 videos are things of beauty.
• Petter Coffin’s worldview has some confusing/confounding elements, but the fish hook thing is useful, in my estimation.
• Contrapoints and Innuendo Studios were the YouTube channels that got me thinking about how (and when, and to whom) we should talk about fascism on This Here Internet.
• Yvette Clarke and Jerry Nadler are great. Chuck Schumer is not, especially.
“All The People Say (Season 2)” by Carpe Demon.
“CRASH QUEEN” (feat. M Gewehr) and “Hellzone Time” from the EXTREME MEATPUNKS FOREVER: Powered by Blood OST by Visager.
We’re on iTunes. We’re also on Stitcher, Podbay, RadioPublic, and Google Play.
And you can always subscribe using good old-fashioned RSS.