ETAO PODCAST, EPISODE 114.
UNBEATABLE is a rhythm game, and an adventure game, and it’s serious about being fully both. More than that, it’s a game about the emotional truths of music, and of being in a band, and a piece of art about the connection between making art and doing crimes.
In this episode, to get at some of those truths, Andrew Tsai, RJ Lake, Rachel Lake, Jeffrey Chiao, TJ Maddux, and Mireille Arseneault from D-Cell games all stop by to talk about UNBEATABLE (as well as [white label], the side story/demo/OVA that goes along with it).
You can play the UNBEATABLE [white label] demo on Steam, and back the full game on the Slacker Backer section of the UNBEATABLE website.
You can get the Demo Tapes for the music in [white label] on Steam and Bandcamp.
You can also follow Andrew, RJ, Jeffrey, Mireille, Rachel, and TJ (as well as D-Cell) on Twitter.
• That game about entropy and suchlike is Cruel World (blame everyone else).
• I am not aware of a non-one-shot version of RUNONCE (remember me).
• Truly, madly, deeply, and from the bottom of my heart, fuck Led Zeppelin.
• If you want more nuance than “fuck Led Zeppelin,” then fair enough. Here’s a bit of that.
• Osamu Sato’s Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong Nou is, um, a trip.
• Here’s that article about burnout.
• Here are the basics of that whole ugly business that happened at Respawn.
Logo by Aaron Perry-Zucker, using Icons by by Llisole, Dávid Gladiš, Atif Arshad, Daniel Nochta, Mike Rowe, Jakub Čaja, Raji Purcell and IconsGhost from the Noun Project.