ETAO PODCAST, EPISODE 124.
Whether you’re a longtime listener or just tuning in—either way, thanks for that!—here’s a roundup of our conversations from 2021. These are of course just samples, especially insightful or funny or surprising moments from their respective episodes. If you want the full context, and a whole lot more good conversation, then do check out the full shows.
This is of course also a golden opportunity to feature a whole lot of incredible music from the games under discussion, so see below for the list (with a few copyright limbo-dwelling 78s thrown in where the guest didn’t have a music-bearing project to share right at the moment).
• “All The People Say (Season 4)” by Carpe Demon.
• “Cream Tea” from the OnlyCans Hot and Steamy OST by Chel Wong.
• “Never Settle” (with lyrics and vocals by Marcus Abundis)” by Camilo Velez.
• “Atomichron (Clockzone)” from the 30XX OST by Cityfires.
• “Roller Coaster” by Delugg Busch, performed by Henri René & His Orchestra.
• “Stuck Together” from the Ikenfell OST by aivi & surasshu.
• “Nice Day for a Walk” by Jeremy Warmsley, from Linda & Joan Prologue: “Four Months Earlier.”
• “Landlord’s Super (Theme)” from the Landlord’s Super OST by Jeremy Warmsley.
• Some exploration music from the NovaMundi: The Spear of Chaquén Original Soundtrack by Juan Carlos Garcia (a.k.a. Quiet Gecko).
• “Groovy Drive” from Yadu Rajiv’s collection of Mini Loops.
• “definitely marinara sauce (not blood) (marinara trench game loop version)” from DOG MUSIC (An Album Made by a Human Currently Named RJ Lake That Makes Up the Official Soundtrack for a Game by Strange Scaffold Called “An Airport for Aliens Currently Run by Dogs” and is Good Music for Humans Who Like Music That Sounds Like the Kind Dogs Would Make If They Did That Kind of Thing) by RJ Lake.
• “Crimson Skies” from the Umurangi Generation Macro OST, by Adolf Nomura (a.k.a. ThorHighHeels).
• “Sweet Home Sargasso” from the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart OST by Mark Mothersbaugh and Wataru Hokoyama.
• “PROPER RHYTHM” from UNBEATABLE: DEMO TAPES by peak divide.
• “Pinewood, Here We Come” and from the A Musical Story soundtrack by Charles Bardin and Valentin Ducloux.
• “Skymelt” from the Black Future ’88 OST by Don Bellenger.
• Some music from the Fighters of Fate OST by Gary Kuo.
• “Strut” from the SkateBIRD OST by Nathan Madsen.
• Some boss music, from the Whisker Squadron OST by Chel Wong.
• “ChefSquad” from the ChefSquad OST by Jonathan Greer.
• “The Secret in Paradise” from The Mechanical World of Dr. Gearbox OST by Bill Bressler.
• “The Old Blues” by The Three Bits of Rhythm.
• “Sunrise with Rings” from the soundtrack to The Eternal Cylinder by Patricio Meneses.
• “For No Rhyme or Reason” by Cole Porter, performed by Kay Kyser and His Orchestra.
We’re on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Spotify, PocketCasts, Podyssey, and everywhere else. You can also subscribe using good old-fashioned RSS.
Logo by Aaron Perry-Zucker, using Icons by by Llisole, Dávid Gladiš, Atif Arshad, Daniel Nochta, Mike Rowe, Jakub Čaja, Raji Purcell and IconsGhost from the Noun Project.